- Czech Republic
- Northern Cyprus
- United Kingdom
High plateaux and mountain ranges such as the Pyrenees and the Sierra Nevada dominate mainland Spain. Running from these heights are several major rivers such as the Ebro, the Duero, the Tagus and the Guadalquivir. The Balearic Islands lie offshore in the Mediterranean while the autonomous Canary Islands are to be found off the African coast.
Spain is a constitutional monarchy, with a hereditary monarch and a parliament with two chambers: the Cortes. The 1978 constitution values linguistic and cultural diversity within a united Spain. The country is divided into 17 autonomous communities (regions) which all have their own directly elected authorities. In Catalonia, the Basque Country and Galicia, the regional languages have official status alongside the national Spanish language, which is also called Castilian.
Spain's service and manufacturing sectors are strong, while agriculture (especially fruit and vegetables, olive oil and wine) and tourism are also very profitable.
From Velázquez in the 17th century, through Goya in the 18th and 19th, to Picasso, Dali and Miro in the 20th, Spain has a rich artistic culture. Spanish Flamenco music and dance are widely admired around the world while Cervantes' novel Don Quixote is one of the landmarks of modern European literature. Spanish film directors such as Pedro Almodóvar, Alejandro Amenábar and Luis Buñuel have received several international prizes.
Why Study in Spain
Expand your horizons in Spain, one of the most prominent countries of the European Union, offering international students from a wide variety of academic and national backgrounds both outstanding higher education and exchange opportunities and excellent facilities for learning Spanish culture and language.
When compared with other destinations, the great advantage of Spain for the foreign student visitor is its standard of living, which is considerably cheaper than other European and western countries. Spain's pleasant lifestyle, mild climate and the wealth of stimulating and varied cultural opportunities to be found throughout the country are the key to its popularity.
TOP REASONS TO STUDY IN SPAIN
- Many courses in Economics, Business, Engineering, Fashion etc. are available in English.
- Spain has the 4th best health care system in the world.
- Spain is blessed with great weather, beaches, islands and an historic culture.
- Spain has the 4th lowest cost of living in Europe.
- Thousands of new international students are now choosing Spain as their Study Abroad destination of choice.
- Universities are distributed throughout the country but the biggest and the most important cities have the highest number of universities, in Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.
- Living in Spain allows you to easily and cheaply travel to other European Countries.
Study In Spain is the most reliable source for evaluating foreign educational credentials, degrees, and diplomas and providing their official Spanish equivalencies. These equivalencies may be required to follow certain degrees at Spanish universities.